1. Controller of the data processing
Berlin Institute Supply Chain Management GmbH, registered in the commercial register of the AG Berlin-Charlottenburg under HRB 201948 B, Tel: +49 30 213 006 050, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter also referred to as "we" or "us").
2. Data Protection Officer
Our data responsible employer is Dr. Hajo Drees, email@example.com.
3. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
If you book events with us, participate in them (as a participant or speaker etc.) or purchase other goods and services from us, we collect the following information:
- title, first name, surname,
- Company/company name, if applicable,
- valid email address,
- telephone number (landline and/or mobile), if applicable,
- VAT identification number if applicable,
- Payment method/account data,
- if applicable, information required for order processing, including the receipt and processing of bookings, e.g. details of special requirements.
This data is collected,
- to identify you as a customer or contact person designated by the customer, or as a business partner, speaker, etc.;
- to provide you with appropriate advice or give you support during a business event;
- for correspondence with you;
- for sending you interest-related information, such as announcements of further events and newsletters;
- for invoicing, payment transactions including bookkeeping;
- for the provision and execution of contractual services including the assertion and defence of any claims against you or third parties etc.
We have photo, film and sound Footage (hereinafter referred to as "Footage") made within the framework of the events we organise. These contain personal data in the legal sense, as far as you can be identified on the Footage. Such Footage could enable third parties, among other things, to identify you, draw conclusions about your whereabouts at the time of recording, interests, gender and ethnicity. When we take pictures of you on which you can be identified, we collect personal data.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, we use the Footage as part of our own websites and social media channels, as well as publications, brochures, lecture materials provided free of charge, and for our press work and marketing. In addition, we will use your title, first name, surname, valid e-mail address, address and information about the event you are attending, and the location and time of the relevant photo, film and video Footage, also to
- Identify you in the event of an objection to the use of Footage or your express consent;
- for own verification purposes, e.g. within the scope of § 22 KUG.
Without the provision of personal data, in particular name and contact data as well as the relevant contract-related information, you cannot instruct us, make any bookings or make use of our services. Data processing is generally carried out within the scope of our own legitimate interests as well as those of our respective partners for the implementation of the event, in the documentation of our events and in the appropriate advertising of our products and services as well as those of our partners (Art.6 Para.1 S.1 lit.f GDPR).
Insofar as we obtain your express consent for use in individual cases, this refers to the distribution and public display of Footage on which you can be identified (§ 22 KUG). Should we obtain consent under data protection law for the production of Footage, this will be done as a precautionary measure. Even if you revoke such consent, we may therefore continue to use the Footage if we are entitled to do so on another legal basis.
The personal data collected by us for the aforementioned purposes will be stored until the end of the legal, in particular commercial and tax law storage obligations (including from HGB, AO) Art. 6 (1) lit.c GDPR and deleted thereafter, unless longer storage is necessary in individual cases to provide evidence of the right to use Footage, to pursue claims, check, process or defend against liability claims and is therefore permitted pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit.f GDPR, or you have consented to further storage pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit.a GDPR. If personal data are not affected by the aforementioned periods, they will be deleted when the purposes for which they were collected no longer apply.
4. Transfer of data to third parties
The personal data including the personal data contained in the recordings themselves may be passed on to the partners in cooperation with whom we organise the respective event. Footage can be made publicly accessible on our own websites as well as those of our partners and in social media channels of the aforementioned. We contractually reserve the right to subcontract third parties, in particular subcontractors, in connection with the provision of our services. A transfer to third parties for purposes other than those mentioned in the above section 3 would not occur.
If we post personal data such as photos and videos on which you can be identified on social media channels (e.g. Facebook), it is possible that the platform operator processes such data in a third country. In the case of Facebook, processing in the USA may be considered. The US parent company of Facebook Ireland Ltd., Facebook Inc., is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield and is thus required to ensure that the provisions of the European data protection regulations also apply to processing in the USA. We cannot prevent the transfer and processing of personal data in third countries, including the USA, or the associated potential risks.
5. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling;
- to immediately demand the rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to obtain personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, customary and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another responsible party, and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our head office.
6. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit.f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons for doing so which result from your particular situation. If we use personal data for direct advertising, you may object to the processing of your personal data for these purposes at any time. After receipt of your objection, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at the above contact details or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.